Touch-a-Train 2017, at Washington Junction Yard (Railroad Siding Road, Hancock, Maine) is Saturday, June 10th. If you are in the area, touring in Acadia, or just need an excuse to come visit the 470, please join in. The event begins at 09:00 and will run until about 1PM, when a special train of the Downeast Scenic Railroad will leave the yard. Remember, Maine Central 470 made it's final revenue run 63 years ago, that following week!
- See 470 in it's new home.
- See the preparation for the shop erection in progress.
- Climb aboard Downeast Scenic's Diesel locomotives.
- Blow the whistle and ring the bell!
- Ride Downeast Scenic's restored Reading caboose!
- Take chance on two outstanding H-O scale Maine Central locomotives, courtesy of Bowser Trains!
- Talk with the New England Steam Corporation directors and get you questions answered, first hand!
Have a great time with railroad and historic preservationists. No cost to attend, explore, and watch your children's faces light up!